Annual Community Benefit Reports
Community Health Needs Assessments
Every three years, we partner with like-minded community partners and local coalitions to conduct Community Health Needs Assessments (CHNA) for which we survey community members about their health, lifestyle behaviors, finances, access to health services and other related topics. We use these CHNA reports to identify specific community needs and develop strategies to address them.
- 2019 York and Adams Counties Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA)
- 2019 N. Lancaster and Lebanon Counties Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA)
- 2019 Franklin County Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA)
- 2019 Lancaster County Needs Assessment
- Lancaster County Needs Assessment 2016
- Lebanon County Needs Assessment 2015
- Lancaster County Needs Assessment 2015
- York & Adams Counties 2015 Community Health Needs Assessment
- York & Adams Counties 2012 Community Health Needs Assessment
- Lebanon County Needs Assessment 2018
- 2015 Franklin County Needs Assessment
- 2012 Franklin County CHNA Needs Assessment
Community Health Improvement Plan
WellSpan’s 2019 Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP) provides a framework for the organization’s programs and activities that promote health and wellness in response to the needs identified in the CHNA reports. These areas of focus meet at least one, and often several, of the community benefit guidelines of a nonprofit health system, as outlined by the Catholic Health Association: improving access to healthcare services; enhancing the health of the community; advancing medical or healthcare knowledge, or relieving or reducing the burden of government or other community efforts. Specific priorities are then incorporated into WellSpan’s annual operating plan and budget.
Based on Community Health Needs Assessment results, WellSpan’s three-year strategies and priorities within its Community Health Implementation Plan include:
- Care for All: Ensure equitable access and quality of care for patients by identifying and reducing disparities and barriers to care.
- Behavioral Health and Lifelong Wellness: Support personal wellbeing and whole-person health by making it easier for people to recognize and get support for mental health issues, and to adopt positive health behaviors.
- Healthy Communities and Social Determinants of Health (SDOH): Develop and implement collective impact strategies to align WellSpan healthcare providers and community-based organizations to address social and economic issues which impact health.